MeridianMomTourage

Where local moms share, learn and grow together.

My daughter is 7 months and was thinking about getting her ears pierced.  Any suggestions or advice?

Views: 279

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We waited until both of our daughters were out of infancy to have their ears pierced. I was always scared that they might pull out the earrings. Plus, I used the ear piercing as a lesson in responsibility. They had to take part in the daily cleanings, and they had to learn to take care of their earrings, including keeping them in a central location.
Did u have them done at a doctors office or jewelry store?

We had them done at Claire's. I made sure to call beforehand to confirm that there would be 2 people working in the store. This way each employee pierced an ear at the same time. Surprisingly, my youngest was 3 when she had her ears pierced, and she never flinched or cried. My oldest was 6 and she cried hysterically. Go figure.

I would recommend Claire's. They were very quick to ease any fears and were comforting during and after the procedure.

Thanks!

Hi Angie,

I am the practice manager at JS Bethany Pediatrics. We provide ear piercing as one of our services to our patients. We recommend ear piercing to be done at 6 months and over. Parents have told us that they are amazed that their daughters do not pull on their ears or earrings when at home. We recommend that you keep the initial earrings in for at least 2 weeks and always make sure the site is clean.

I am also suggesting that you check with your daughter's pediatrician; you may be surprise to hear that they will do this in their office. Be prepare for your daughter to shed a few tears; but she will be fine.

Rosemary

Thanks Rosemary!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Flu Resource Center

Latest Activity

Nope Nope updated their profile
Jul 13
Caitlyn Royce posted a discussion
Feb 14
Heena Sood posted a discussion
Jun 5, 2018
Heena Sood posted a status
"Hello, I am a new Mommy. My daughter is 3mos and we are looking for mommy & me classes near Holmdel and surrounding areas. Any recs?"
Jun 5, 2018

© 2019   Created by Hackensack Meridian Health.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service